Sunday, July 27, 2008

Thoughts For This Week

These are a few of thoughts that God's brought to my mind for this week. I'm hoping to write about these at some point but for the moment I'm still in the process of thinking and praying through them.

1. I believe that in this world we are guilty of being discontented but at the same time are too easily satisfied. Contentment and satisfaction are not synonyms. Learning the difference is a key to finding life and to knowing true joy.

2. The more I pray about joy and examine it in my own life, the more I begin to realize that I treat joy as a guilty pleasure. How can we be, and what does it mean to be, joyful in a joyless and fallen world?

3. From Ruthless Trust, "You will trust [God] to the degree that you know you are loved by Him"

1 comment:

Skip Crust said...

You will trust God to the degree that you know that you are loved by him.

Hmmm....I gotta chew on that one.