Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Seeing the Small Blessings Part 2

This is something of a follow up to my post a few days ago about seeing small blessings. I've been trying to put that into practice during this week. Last year on vacation I learned that kite flying is a lot of fun and I knew I wanted to do more of it this year. This morning I found myself standing waist deep in the ocean flying my kite. It was so peaceful, monotonous and wonderful. There's nothing quite like just standing there feeling the waves break over you and enjoying the morning.

To me that's the perfect example of a small blessing. There's nothing hugely complicated about kite flying (at least not for the simple kites I have) and there's nothing really to "do" once you get it up in the air. Nothing except relax and be. Those are the moments where God really speaks to me and it's an awesome experience.

No comments: